When on a Cummins engine and the After-treatment DEF tank level code 1673 or 4769 (depends on the ECM variant) is present along with code 3712 or 3714 Aftertreatment SCR inducement. It is necessary perform the following out of derate procedure:
- Refill the DEF tank.
- Runs the diagnosis session and perform the Error clearing from the faults or the activation page.
- Turn the key to the off position for at least 1 minute.
- Run a new diagnostic scan and perform the error clearing in order to clear the memorized code.
- Run the engine for 2 minutes, if the engine shuts down after a minute run the engine again. The ECM needs to perform a couple of complete control cycles in order to check the the DEF level is correct.
- At this point the second code should go from active to memorized and it is then possible to clear it.
Click image below to navigate to website: