This procedure is used to reset the control unit and the idle position of the throttle valve position sensor in the following cases
- When one of the 2 throttle valve position sensors or the control unit or wiring is replaced.
- When the self diagnosis system indicates the error "Throttle valve position sensor (1-2): incorrect idle position".
- When the rod connections and snap rings are replaced due to wear or deformation of the connection.
- When the error "Throttle valve position sensor (1-2): incorrect idle position" is detected after performing removal and re-installation of the engine
- When the engine is started for the first time.
- With the accelerator in the completely closed position, adjust the cables to bring the forward arm to the fully closed position. Having performed this step, move the accelerator multiple times to check that the arm remains in the fully closed position.
- Perform the following procedure with the accelerator int he fully closed position
- Turn the key to "ON". Disconnect the safety cord within a second of the buzzer finishing. (Fig 1)
- Wait 5 to 10 seconds, then pull the red knob on the emergency switch and release it within 0.5 seconds (Fig 2)
- Wait 5 to 10 seconds, then pull the red knob on the emergency switch and release it within 0.5 seconds (Fig 3)
- The throttle valve position sensor and control unit reset is complete when you hear 3 beeps after the knob on the emergency switch has returned to its original position.
- Turn the key to "OFF" to confirm that the accelerator (forward arm) is in the fully closed position, then turn the key back to "ON" (Fig 4)
WARNING: The makes and distinguishing signs of the vehicle manufacturers included in this document are only provided to inform the reader about the potential suitability of the said TEXA products to be used for the vehicles of the above-mentioned manufacturers. References to makes and models contained in this document are to be considered only as a rough guide.